About the Missouri Department of Natural Resources
Mission: The mission of the Department of Natural Resources is to protect, preserve and enhance Missouri's natural, cultural and energy resources.
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources was created under state reorganization July 1, 1974. The department serves all the state's citizens through its involvement in environmental and resource-related issues of the day. The department deals with the critical area of energy, helps develop mineral resources in an environmentally safe manner, protects Missouri's land, air and water resources and works to preserve the state's historic and natural heritage through state parks and state historic sites. Read more about our department history in our winter 2004 issue of the Missouri Resources Magazine.
- Meet the department's Director.
- Review the department's organizational charts.
- Read more about the department in our department fact sheet or department brochure.
- Learn more about the department's logo.
- Learn how to contact the department.
- Sign up to receive the department's magazine, Missouri Resources.
For your convenience we have provided online maps to our offices.
Feel free to view At Your Service , which provides you with a guide to the services offered by the department. Our guide also includes information and phone numbers on a variety of our partners. We've organized it alphabetically by topic so it's a quick and easy reference for you.