Lewis and Clark Missouri Resource Trading Cards
This colorful set of 80 cards highlights the Missouri River's outstanding natural resources as it follows the path taken by Meriwether Lewis and William Clark's Corps of Discovery Expedition 200 years ago.
A list of some common hidden hazards you’ll find in your home and environment.
Learn about your environment with these fun Earth Day games.
Learn how to save energy with online games, PC downloads and other activities for kids.
The department produces videos about a variety of topics. The full videos are linked below.
- Break It Down: The Compost Connection Length 20:53 (80KB) VIDEO
- Groundwater Length 16:35 (33 KB) VIDEO
- Illegal Dumping 1:00 VIDEO
- Keeping Our Waters Clean Length 44:05 (170KB) VIDEO
- Talkin' Trash: The Buy Recycled Loop Length: 16:29 (65KB) VIDEO
Earth Day Craft Ideas
- How to make Recycled Cereal Boxes
- How to make Recycled Scrapbooks
- How to make Recycled Bookmarks
- How to make Recycled Egg Carton Animals
- FirstGov for Kids: a portal to lots of kids' resources about plants and animals.
- Environmental Protection Agency's Explorers' Club: games and activities about environmental issues.
- Environmental Protection Agency's Drinking Water for Kids Games and Online Activities
- Endangered species: games and how you can help.
- Atmospheric Radiation Measurement Program's Education Center: learn about global warming from Professor Polar Bear.
- Roofus the Dog's Solar and Efficient Neighborhood: make your home energy smart.
- Nature Watch: see animals in action.
- S.K.Worm : he'll answer your questions about dirt.
- Sci4Kids: stories about plants and bugs.
- Bureau of Land Management: birds, dinosaurs, dirt and rivers
- Energy Information Administration's Energy Ant: learn all about where we get our energy and how we use it.
Find out how proper farming operations can improve water quality.