Earth Day 2015 Celebration
Earth Day 2015, the 21st annual Earth Day celebration sponsored by the Missouri Department of Natural Resources, will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday, April 24, at the Missouri State Capitol south lawn in Jefferson City.
Slogan Contest | Stage Schedule TBD | Donors | Media Information | Community Projects | Contact Us
Earth Day Zero Waste Challenge | Earth Day Links | Kids Stuff | Capitol Tours
Environmental Education | Hidden Hazards | Want to be a Geologist?
Earth Day Activities
Held in the shadow of Missouri's historic Capitol, Earth Day 2015 will offer a variety of fun and educational opportunities for students interested in finding out more about how they can improve the world around them. In recognition of the event's 20th anniversary, the Department of Natural Resources is determined to make this event the best ever:
- The Teachers’ Resource Room – This special area for teachers will be available again this year. We're moving it to a better location (at the foot of the steps of the Capitol). Teachers will see the latest in educational offerings from the Department of Natural Resources and many of our state, local and university exhibitors. This also will include a place to sit, relax and enjoy cold Coca-Cola and Dr. Pepper products!
- Live stage presentations – Educational stage games (with prizes), live music and more (we will announce the lineup as it is confirmed).
- More exhibitors – Earth Day 2015 will feature exhibits from the Department of Natural Resources as well as other state, federal and local agencies. Central Missouri is also rich in colleges and universities, and we’re reaching out to pull them into Earth Day 2015.
- Hands-on crafts from recycled materials – This popular Earth Day feature will return by popular demand.
- Improved Web presence and teacher communications – We made registration on our website easier. Updates will keep you informed as stage acts are confirmed, exhibitors are recruited, and details evolve.
Register Your Class for Earth Day 2015
While open and free to the public, the activities of Earth Day 2015 are geared to the educational needs of fifth-grade students. Teachers can register their classes for Earth Day 2015 online now. Preregistration will allow us to better prepare for the event as well as make sure registered teachers receive all of the necessary information to make sure their students get the greatest educational benefit possible from attending the event.
Earth Day 2015 Slogan Contest
Missouri fifth grade students are encouraged to enter our slogan contest. See the flyer.
Calling all Teachers and Chaperones!
Bring us your tired, hungry, caffeine craving, muscle aching masses … please stop by The Teachers’ Resource for refreshments, and mini massages provided by Metro Business College students. While you snack, check out resource materials and enter our raffle contests. We will give away a Missouri Rock and Mineral set from the Department's Missouri Geological Survey. Check back to see other items that will be included in the raffle. We appreciate you.