Division of Energy
Laws and Regulations
- The term "statute" generally means an act or law passed by a legislative body, such as the Missouri General Assembly or the United States Congress.
- The term "regulation" generally means a rule or standard that has the force of law once promulgated by an administrative agency within its statutory authority. Sometimes referred to as a "rule."
State regulations are developed through the rulemaking process, by departments or commissions given such authority by statute.
State Rules in Development
State Laws - Division of Energy Authority
- Alternative Fuels Refueling Facility Tax Credit (Section 135.710, RSMo)
- Energy Efficiency in State Facilities (Sections 8.800 - 8.951, RSMo)
- Energy Loans (Sections 640.651 – 640.686, RSMo)
- Home Energy Audits Tax Deduction and Certification of Home Energy Auditors (Section 143.121.8 and Section 640.153, RSMo)
- Renewable Energy Standard (Sections 393.1020 to 393.1030, RSMo)
- State Vehicle Fuel Consumption Program (Sections 414.400 – 414.417, RSMo)
- Wood Energy Tax Credit (Sections 135.300-135.311, RSMo)
- General Provisions for State Energy Office and Energy Supply Emergency Plan (Sections 640.150, 640.155, RSMo)
- The Division of Energy is responsible for assessing the impact of national energy policies on Missouri's supply and use of energy in consideration of the citizens' public health, safety and welfare. The Division will consult with, and monitor and analyze research of all interested agencies and institutions, governmental and non-governmental. public and private, on matters of energy research and development, management, conservation and distribution, in order to plan for the future energy needs of Missouri. The Division provides public education and information in energy-related areas, and prepares plans for reducing energy use in the event of an energy or other resource supply emergency.
Other State Laws Related to Energy
- Encouragement of Reduced Consumption (Section 393.1040, RSMo)
- Missouri Energy Efficiency Investment Act (MEEIA) (Sections 393.1075, RSMo)
- Net Metering and Easy Connection Act (Section 386.890, RSMo)
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) (Sections 67.2800 – 67.2835, RSMo)
- Show Me Green Sales Tax Holiday (Section 144.526, RSMo)
- Solar Energy is Property Right (Section 442.012, RSMo)