Solid Waste Management Program
Household Hazardous Waste
Almost all Missourians use household hazardous products that eventually have the potential to become Household Hazardous Waste, or HHW. Ordinary products such as paint thinner, pesticides, gasoline and motor oil can be dangerous if handled improperly. When these products are not used up completely or are no longer wanted by the consumers, and need to be discarded, they become an HHW. Although hazardous waste generated from a single family dwelling can legally be disposed in the trash, the best practice is to dispose of your waste at an HHW collection event or permanent collection facilities.
- Scheduled Local Collection Events.
- Permanent Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facilities.
- Missouri Pesticide Collection Program.
- Call2Recycle rechargeable battery recycling.
- Earth 911 links to local recycling including used oil, paints and household cleaners.
- Missouri Commericial Hazardous Waste Facilities, List -- PUB 968.
- Proper Disposal of Household Pharmaceutical Waste, Brochure--PUB2291.
- Household Compact Fluorescent Lamp Use and Disposal -- PUB2273.
- Natural Disaster Assistance for Missouri Citizens Household Chemicals and Household.
Hazardous Waste -- PUB000762.
- Mercury in Your Homes and Businesses.
- St. Robert Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program.
- Rolla Household Hazardous Waste Center.
For more information, contact the Solid Waste Management Program