Water Protection Program
Total Maximum Daily Load, or TMDL,
Water Body Record
Approved May 26, 2010
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, or EPA, approved the TMDL document for Mound Branch, WBID 1300, Bates County.
- Low dissolved oxygen.
To address the listed pollutant, TMDLs were calculated for:
- Carbonaceous biochemical oxygen demand.
- Total nitrogen.
- Total phosphorus.
- Total suspended solids.
Documents in this record:
- Approved Mound Branch TMDL.
- Mound Branch TMDL Information Sheet.
- EPA approval letter - This includes the EPA Region 7 TMDL Review pages in which they document how this TMDL meets all of their requirements.
- Submittal letter transferring the TMDL to EPA for approval.
- Comments and responses - The department received six comment letters during the public notice period, which was from Oct. 29 to Dec. 14, 2009.
Note: Comments were received from EPA after submittal. Those comments were addressed prior to approval.