Water Protection Program
Total Maximum Daily Load, or TMDL,
Water Body Record
Big Bottom Creek
Established Oct. 26, 2010
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, or EPA, established a TMDL for Big Bottom Creek, WBID 1746, in Ste. Genevieve County.
- Low Dissolved oxygen.
- Organic sediment.
To address the listed pollutants, TMDLs were calculated for:
- Biochemical oxygen demand.
- Carbonaceous biochemical oxygen demand.
- Total nitrogen.
- Total phosphorus.
- Total suspended solids.
Documents in this record:
- Established Big Bottom Creek TMDL.
- Letter to Missouri - Letter from EPA transferring the established TMDL to Missouri.
- Comments and responses - EPA received no comments during the public notice period, which was from Sept. 15 to Oct. 15, 2010.
- Big Bottom Creek Information Sheet.