Water Protection Program
Total Maximum Daily Load, or TMDL, Water Body Record
Courtois Creek, Indian Creek and Tributary
Approved Sept. 17, 2010
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, or EPA, approved the TMDL document for Courtois Creek (WBID 1943), Indian Creek (WBID 1946) and Tributary (WBID 3663), Washington County.
To address the listed pollutants, TMDLs were calculated for:
- Dissolved lead.
- Dissolved zinc.
Documents in this record:
- Approved Courtois Creek, Indian Creek and Tributary TMDL.
- Courtois Creek, Indian Creek and Tributary TMDL Information Sheet.
- EPA approval letter - This includes the EPA Region 7 TMDL Review pages in which they document how this TMDL meets all of their requirements.
- Submittal letter transferring the TMDL to EPA for approval.
- Comments on 1st and 2nd public notices - The department received 3 comment letters during the public notice period, which was from September 8 to October 22, 2009. Revisions were made due to comments received and the document was public noticed a second time from November 13 to December 13, 2009. One additional comment was received.
- Comments on 3rd public notice - Additional revisions were made in response to comments received during the second public notice. Three public comments were received during the third and final public notice period, which was held fiom March 23 to May 7, 201 0.
- Comments were received from EPA after submittal. Those comments were addressed prior to approval.