Geological Survey Program
Missouri's Industrial Minerals
- Sand and Gravel
- Clay and Shale
- Traprock – Ash-flow Tuff, Basalt, Diabase, Rhyodacite, Rhyolite, Trachyte and Tuff
- State Mineral Resource Map (1.37 MB)
- Industrial Minerals Advisory Council
- Metallic Minerals and Mineral Fuels
- Annual Mineral Production in Missouri
- Missouri Mine Map Repository
- Quarry Maps
- USGS Missouri Minerals Yearbooks
- Missouri Geology Bibliography Photo Gallery
- Related Links
Return to Geologic Resources Section Page.
Calling all Missouri K-9 Teachers
The Missouri Geological Survey has a long history partnering with the Missouri Minerals Education Foundation to provide educational experiences for teachers during the foundation's workshop.
K-9 teachers, mark your calendars for July 13-18, 2014. The Missouri Minerals Education Foundation invites you to participate in the 14th annual "Missouri is a State of Mines - Rocks, Minerals and Our Environment" workshop to be held at William Jewell College, Liberty, Missouri. This FREE workshop provides information, ideas, materials and classroom activities involving geology, minerals, mining, and the wise use of our natural resources which participants can begin immediately using in the classroom.
Registration forms and more information can be found on MMEF's website.