Lewis and Clark State Office Building
"In the spirit of Discovery, Diplomacy and Stewardship"
Copyright © 2006 Assassi. Courtesy of BNIM Architects
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources’ Lewis and Clark State Office Building consolidates several central offices. The building also incorporates numerous elements of sustainable design, which minimizes its impact on the environment and provides employees with a more productive work environment. The building’s name was chosen to honor the Lewis and Clark expedition in their spirit of discovery, diplomacy and stewardship and to commemorate the bicentennial of their journey.
Map to Building 1101 Riverside Drive, Jefferson City, MO 65101
- Lewis and Clark State Office Building Fact Sheet
- Project timeline
- It's All About the Green Brochure
- USGBC/LEED Platinum Award and National Conference Presentations
- From Gold to Platinum
- Sustainable Design and Interpretation
- Building Occupant Evaluations and Studies
Those interested in exploring the Lewis and Clark State Office Building may call the department toll-free at 800-361-4827 to schedule a tour.
- BNIM Architects
- The building was designed by BNIM Architects in Kansas City, led by principals Bob Berkebile and Steve McDowell, with architects Laura Lesniewski and Kimberly Hickson.
- Berkebile, a principal in the Kansas City architectural firm BNIM Architects, has been referred to as one of the founding fathers of sustainable design.
- Berkebile is the founding chairman of the American Institute of Architects' Committee on the Environment. That organization spawned the U.S. Green Building Council. He was instrumental in developing the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) ratings criteria. He is a member of the Nature Conservancy Board of Trustees, chairman of the Environmental Management Commission for Kansas City, founding member of the Union of International Architects Road from Rio Working Group and co-chairman of the Scientific Advisory Group on the Environment.
- Professional Contractors and Engineers (PCE)
- Office of Administration
- Magazine Articles
- Architectural Record
- Design Cost Data
- GreenSource (Novemeber 2006)
- Building Design and Construction
- Environmental Design+Construction
- Case Study - 2007 McQuay International
- Modern Builder (May-June 2005)
- Inner Resources Article, July/August, 2001,"Green" Building Will Usher In Site Redevelopment