Multicultural Affairs Committee
The mission of the Multicultural Affairs Committee (MAC) is to create an environment within the Missouri Department of Natural Resources where employees can understand, appreciate and respect each other's cultural differences. The committee will keep the department leadership abreast of cultural diversity issues and assist in the development of progressive and workable policies to:
- Ensure equal recruitment, retention and promotion of department employees of all cultures and;
- Recognize and accept that diversity and MAC-promoted cultural events benefit all department employees and the citizens of Missouri.
The Missouri Department of Natural Resources Multicultural Affairs Committee will hosts its annual Diversity Conference on March 21, 2013.
The conference will take place Thursday, March 21, 2013 at the Truman Hotel and Conference Center in Jefferson City. This event will provide 6 hours of management training rule credit and a day of exchanging ideas. This year’s theme is “Empowering Leaders and Building a Strong Future”. We will focus on leadership, adapting to change, developing a diverse workforce and what it means for the state of Missouri. The conference is open to all state employees. We look forward to seeing you.
PLEASE NOTE: The location of the conference has changed to the Capitol Plaza Hotel in Jefferson City.
DNR Employees Register through CERTS: http://n-nr1ntra.ads.state.mo.us/asp/das/trattend/find-class.asp
- Diversity Week Activities
- Photo Contest Winner: Susan Mathis, Public Drinking Water, SERO. Photo features her grandchildren: Brody, adopted and born in Vietnam; Seth, adopted and born in Kansas City, Missouri; and Lydia, Springfield Missouri.
- Video Contest Winner: Hylan Beydler, Division of Geology and Land Survey. Video entitled "Diversity: What Do You Think?"
- Personal Logo example
- Conference Agenda
- Conference Menu
- D.J. Vanas
- Laura Morris
- Dona McKinney
- Bryan LeMoine
- Photos from the 2013 Diversity Conference
Other Committee Information