Several well drilling industry contractors no longer carry valid permits with the State
For more information: 573-751-1010
Volume 37-096 For Immediate Release: April 24, 2009
JEFFERSON CITY, MO, -- The Missouri Department of Natural Resources is encouraging anyone who has recently used a well drilling contractor to review the latest list of contractors who no longer carry valid permits to perform work in Missouri.
Well drilling industry contractors are required to obtain a permit from the Department to operate in Missouri as a contractor for water well, pump, heat pump or monitoring well installations. For some, lifestyle changes such as retirement, change in occupation or job duties have occurred and the individuals are simply no longer required to hold a permit. However, there can be instances with a contractor has failed to apply for a renewal or violated the Water Well Driller's Act and is facing enforcement actions. The Department is encouraging those who had a well drilled by someone included in the list to contact the Department for further information.
The Well Driller's Act of 1986 requires contractors to be permitted by the state and outlines minimum well construction standards. The protects Missouri groundwater from contamination which can occur from improperly constructed wells. Improperly constructed wells may lead to contaminated groundwater exposing Missourians to serious health risks including water borne diseases such as typhoid fever, dysentery, cholera, hepatitis and giardiasis.
Those contractors who no longer carry permits to work in Missouri include:
Name-City/State (County if located in Missouri)
- Bobby Burrow -- Lynn, Ark.
- Michael Caudill -- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Michael Chalfant -- Jefferson City (Cole)
- Johnny Cozort -- West Plains (Howell)
- Laura Crause -- Richmond Heights (St. Louis)
- Jason Davis -- Lenexa, Kan.
- Christopher Decioccio -- St. Louis (St. Louis)
- Vince Domenico -- Lenexa, Kan.
- Michael Flanigan -- St. Louis (St. Louis)
- Matthew Foresman -- St. Charles (St. Charles)
- Steven Grace -- Florissant (St. Louis)
- Rachel Grand -- Richmond Heights (St. Louis)
- George Goins -- Ridgedale (Taney)
- Sam Gunter - West Plains (Howell)
- Thomas Harlan -- Essex (Stoddard)
- George Hilgedick -- Fayette (Howard)
- Tyler Hemry -- St. Louis (St. Louis)
- Alicia Hirschbuehler -- Lenexa, Kan.
- Devin House -- Tiff City (McDonald)
- William Howland -- St. Louis (St. Louis)
- David Hume -- St. Paul, Minn.
- Marty King -- Buchanan, Va.
- Jay Marshall -- Purdy (Barry)
- Gemma McKee-Bartholomew -- Kimberling City (Stone)
- James Mills -- Shell Knob (Barry)
- Joanne Mitock -- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Aaron Nicoski -- Lenexa, Kan.
- Gary O'Day -- Salem (Dent)
- Timothy O'Shia -- Leslie (Franklin)
- Justin Perry -- St. Louis (St. Louis)
- Jamilee Poor -- Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Joshua Rupp -- Nixa (Christian)
- Michael Sewell -- Plano, Texas
- Richard Simmons -- Buchanan, Va.
- Lewis Stone -- Troy (Lincoln)
- Joshua Stoner -- Macks Creek (Camden)
- Kara Taylor -- Lenexa, Kan.
- John Upcraft -- Mt. Vernon, Ill.
- Lori Young -- Springfield (Greene)
For more information on this list, please contact the Department of Natural Resources' Wellhead Protection Section at 800-361-4827 or 573-368-2115.