News Release 375
Joplin residents affected by the May tornado are eligible to receive $500 in rebates to purchase ENERGY STAR appliances
Volume 39-375 (For Immediate Release)
For more information: 573-751-1010
UPDATED – The department has expanded the approved retailers to include Green Yates Appliances in Joplin.
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo., NOV. 10, 2011 -- The Missouri Department of Natural Resources is offering ENERGY STAR® appliance rebates to Joplin area residents affected by the May 2011 tornado through the Energize Missouri Appliance Rebate Program.
More than half of the energy used in homes is for appliances. Replacing old appliances with those that are ENERGY STAR® labeled can help families save on their utility bills.
"The department is pleased to partner with local Joplin retailers to offer the Energize Missouri Appliance Rebate Program to Joplin residents affected by the tornado this summer," said Sara Parker Pauley, Director of the Department of Natural Resources. "These rebates will not only provide financial support to purchase the new appliances, it will also keep money in the homeowners pocket for years to come by purchasing energy efficiency appliances."
Rebates of $250 will be available for both ENERGY STAR® clothes washers and refrigerators and will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis beginning Nov. 12, 2011, through Feb. 17, 2012, or until all rebates have been issued.
Consumers qualify for a rebate when they meet all of the following conditions:
· Reside in Joplin and are 18 years of age or older.
· Purchase an appliance that is ENERGY STAR® rated and qualified.
· Provide proof of disaster assistance eligibility from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
· Own the property where the appliances will be installed.
· Purchase no more than one appliance per category per address up to a total rebate of $500.
· Purchases must be made from one of the following participating retailers:
· Green Yates, 808 E. 15th St., Joplin.
· Home Depot, 3110 E. 20th St in Joplin.
· Lowes, 2600 S. Range Line Rd. in Joplin.
· Metro Appliances, 5571 N. Main St. in Joplin.
· Sears, 101 N. Range Line Rd. in Joplin.
The Energize Missouri Appliance Rebate Program is part of a larger $300 million federal program aimed at energy conservation, energy efficiency and economic recovery funded through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. More than 35,000 Missourians have received rebates for ENERGY STAR® appliances through this program.
For more information about the Energize Missouri Appliance Rebate Program, please call 800-361-4827 or 573-526-5308.