News Release 002
Joplin ENERGY STAR Appliance Rebate Program ends Feb. 1
Volume 39-002 (For Immediate Release)
For more information: 573-751-1010
Time is running out for qualified Joplin area residents to take advantage of ENERGY STAR® appliance rebates. The rebate program will close Feb. 1.
Since Nov. 2011, the Missouri Department of Natural Resources has been offering $250 ENERGY STAR® appliance rebates for clothes washers and refrigerators to Joplin area residents affected by the May 2011 tornado.
Consumers qualify for a rebate through the Energize Missouri Appliance Rebate Program when they meet all of the following conditions:
• Reside in the Joplin area and are 18 years of age or older.
• Purchase an appliance that is ENERGY STAR® rated and qualified.
• Purchase proof of disaster assistance eligibility from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
• Own the property where the appliances will be installed.
• Purchase no more than one appliance per category per address, up to a total rebate of $500.
• Purchases must be made from one of the following participating retailers:
• Green-Yates Appliance, 808 E. 15th St., Joplin.
•Home Depot, 3110 E. 20th St in Joplin.
•Lowes, 2600 S. Range Line Rd. in Joplin.
• Metro Appliances, 5571 N. Main St. in Joplin.
•Sears, 101 N. Range Line Rd. in Joplin.
The Energize Missouri Appliance Rebate Program is part of a larger $300 million federal
program aimed at energy conservation, energy efficiency and economic recovery funded through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. More than 35,000 Missourians have received rebates for ENERGY STAR® appliances through this program.
For more information about the Energize Missouri Appliance Rebate Program, please call 800-361-4827 or 573-526-5308.