News Release 006
Contact: Gena Terlizzi, 573-751-1010
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Jan. 17, 2014 Volume 42-14-006
Boil water order extended for Taney County water system
Jefferson City, Mo. - A boil water order issued Jan. 7 for a Taney County water system remains in effect until water samples show that disinfectant levels are restored, the Department of Natural Resources announced today.
The boil water order was issued to Taney County Water LLC-Venice, 111 S. Thurman, near Rockaway Beach in Taney County, in connection with a drop in water pressure.
When water pressure is low, conditions exist which could allow contamination to enter the distribution system or household plumbing. The boil water order is in effect and will remain in effect until water sample results indicate that no contamination is present.
Anyone served by the affected public water system should observe the following precautions:
• Boil water vigorously for three minutes prior to use for cooking or drinking.
• Disinfect food contact surfaces (dishes) by immersing them for at least one minute in clean tap water that contains one teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water.
• Dispose of ice cubes and remake with water that has been boiled.
• Continue boiling all water that is to be used for cooking or drinking until the cause of the contamination has been found and corrected.
• Water used for bathing does not need to be boiled.
• Let water cool sufficiently before drinking.
Celebrating 40 years of taking care of Missouri’s natural resources. To learn more visit www.dnr.mo.gov.