Fiscal Year 2000 Integrated Strategic Plan
The DNR envisions a Missouri where people live and work in harmony with our natural and cultural resources; make decisions that result in a quality environment and a place where we can prosper today and in the future.
Preserve and protect the states natural, cultural and energy resources and inspire their enjoyment and responsible use for present and future generations.
At DNR we believe in:
- We can accomplish more by working together.
- A diverse work force will strengthen the agency.
- Our employees are our greatest strength and we value the contribution of every employee.
- Government exists to serve the public.
Through our work we will encourage and promote:
Integrity and honesty
- Reflect the highest standards of ethics and honesty in all of our actions.
- Consider varied points of view in our discussion and decisions.
Dignity and respect
- Treat everyone with dignity and respect.
Quality and excellence
- Focus on quality and the delivery of an excellent product in all of our services.
- Encourage and reward creativity, innovations, and openness to new ideas
- Provide efficient, accurate and reliable service to everyone.
- Speak plainly and do our best to communicate with all entities.
- Make the agency approachable and accessible.
- Enforce Missouris laws with diligence, sensitivity and fairness.
- Provide financial and technical assistance to help Missourians prevent and solve environmental problems.
- Work with all to increase environmental awareness.
- Accept responsibility for our actions and their impacts
We take seriously our responsibility of stewardship, to protect and enhance the environment in which we work and live, and will consider all aspects of the environment when making decisions.